Cookies are small pieces of data created on your computer when you visit a website. This site uses ‘session’ cookies to track where you are while you are accessing the site. They will not contain any personal information about you and will be removed from your computer when you leave the site. We use this information in an aggregate, rather than individual, way to monitor traffic trends and plan development of the website – we can see how many people have visited specific pages but can not identify who these people are.
The type of cookies this site uses are;
- Analytics We anonymously measure your use of this website to improve your experience.
- Social media Facebook, Twitter and other social websites need to know who you are to work properly. This is for people who click the Facebook like and share buttons or Tweet this buttons from Twitter.
If you are concerned about cookies you can change the settings on your computer to refuse them. For information on how to turn off cookies;
- if you are using a version of Internet Explorer visit http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.mspx
- if you are using a version of Opera visit http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- if you are using Mozilla Firefox visit http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- if you are using Google Chrome visit https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647&p=cpn_cookies
- To find out more about web cookies and how they work then visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
The Social media buttons allows users to share or bookmark web pages. In order for these buttons to function there are scripts from outside this website. These sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, if you click on any of these buttons the social media sites will register that action and may use that information. We don’t control the setting of cookies set by these sites so suggest that you check their cookie & privacy policies.
Further details about how cookies are used and instructions for disabling cookies can be found at: www.allaboutcookies.org.